Release notes of items completed between 2022 R1 and 2022 R2
Alpana Server and Alpana Designer have been upgraded from 3.5.0.18 to 3.5.1.16
Alpana Update File Dependency has been upgraded from 1.2.0.1 to 1.2.1.3

Introduction

Version 2022R2 is a minor release and includes new features and improvements and bugfixes.
The application is updated to the latest web technologies (.NET 6), with the latest security features and patches.
To operate Alpana server you will need to install .NET 6 Hosting Bundle and .NET Desktop Runtime. Please check Prerequisites chapter for more information.

Upgrade Instructions
To upgrade your installation, please see the generic upgrading chapter.
Don’t forget to instruct all your users to clear their browser cache or do a hard refresh.

Alpana Server
Installer
The installer will check prerequisites before installing Alpana, but you need to install .net core runtime 6 before starting it.

Main Features

New widgets: Hierarchical charts

We added 5 new widgets available for you use to visualize hierarchical data in different forms.
• Sunburst
• Tree Layout
• Radial Tree Layout
• Circle Packing
• Arc Diagram

New widget: Navigation button

This new widget allows navigating interactively through external sources such as websites, dashboards with defined aliases. Buttons can be rendered with context based on data provided by datasources.

New widget: Tab Panel

This new widget will allow a user to navigate interactively through different sources such as an external website, or another dashboard with a defined alias.

Improvement: Favorite Dashboard management

Alpana Server now provides an optimizes user experience to quickly access to starred dashboards on the server interface.

Improvement: ARC Input Widget

We extended filtering capacities of this widget and can now define filtering conditions on design time and use them on runtime.

Improvement: Scheduling – Trigger on new value

Conditional scheduling can now track changes on a specified value and trigger an event when the change is detected.

Improvement: New markers for widgets

We extended available markers for a set of widgets available on Alpana. A user can now customize marker types such as cross, dot, circles when designing its visual displays.

Bug fix: Data picker Available date

The datapicker wasn’t restricted to the data source bound to it. This functionality has been fixed but it will impact your dashboard if you have configured it this way.
Please check the Date Picker documentation to configure it properly.

Solved Issues

• AL5-I43 – Layout PDF – We don’t see any more randomly adding pages when we move a widget in pdf layout.
• AL5-I34 – We can now display more than one curve on the same chart for a given full Historian query
• AL5-I38 – Widget PDF – We correctly render the widget display when there is no internet connection on the PC
• AL5-I41 – Consideration of Header and Menu Config for automatic Refresh
• AL5- I36 – Expression – Our windows are correctly rendered when we use long expressions that overpass the region
• AL5- I37 – We can now correctly display our percentage on hover.
• AL5- I45 – Formatted date display on Gantt chart has been corrected.
• AL5–I39 – Link to url with parameter now works correctly with the grid widget.
• AL5–I32 – Choropleth map – Widgets bound to the map filter don’t display any more a buffer state on selection.
• AL5- I35 – Refresh Open Dashboards in schedule management

Minor fixes have also been added throughout the product.

Hotfix

• AL5-T177 We can now customize our Gantt Legend and time format according to Javascript date format
  • AL5-I49 We can just migrate previous Alpana versions using value_X parameter format without having to update them manually to the newest format ( fieldname)
  • AL5-I47- Migrating previous Alpana versions using date picker doesn’t require any manual configuration to adapt them to the enhanced date picker filter
  • AL5-I50- We can now use values with ‘_’ caracter as expected in parameters used for linkToUrl
Last modified: Feb 05, 2023

Feedback

Was this helpful?

Yes No
You indicated this topic was not helpful to you ...
Could you please leave a comment telling us why? Thank you!
Thanks for your feedback.

Post your comment on this topic.

Post Comment