Case 1 : Development → Staging → Production
You have several environments for your development cycle.
When development has been tested on one environment, you want to migrate the content (dashboards, users, etc) towards the Production environment.
Case 2 : Moving to another machine
You need to move your Alpana Server installation to a different machine (e.g. for architecture reasons).
To migrate from MachineX to MachineY, follow the below procedure :
- Alpana Server must be installed on MachineY. If you are using a separate license, then the MachineY license must be activated too (though this can be done at a later time)
- Perform a backup on MachineX
- Perform a restore on MachineY
Note : all content from MachineX will be migrated :
- Users and their passwords
- Dashboards, Widgets, Data Sources
- Roles, Permissions, …
- Server Settings, …
When migrating, some Dashboards may become unable to access their data.
This commonly happens when data is not accessible from the MachineY using the same Connection. Example : database is not accessible on the new network.
The fix is then to open the Dashboard and edit the Connection accordingly.
Error logs should help you find and fix the issue.