Release notes of items completed between Alpana v18.104.22.168 and v22.214.171.124
Alpana Update File Dependency has been upgraded from v126.96.36.199 to v188.8.131.52
Alpana Real Time Data has been upgraded from v184.108.40.206 to v220.127.116.11
Alpana OMI App v1.1 is now available upon request.
Alpana v18.104.22.168 implements the following main features :
General improvement : refresh smoothing
To create a more pleasant user experience, the data refresh has been “smoothed” :
- when using filters at runtime, the listener widgets will only display a “loading” animation if the query is slow. Otherwise, the listener widgets will refresh smoothly and just display the new data content.
- when using the real-time API features, the target widget will refresh smoothly and just display the new data content.
As part of a continuous effort to improve performance, some noticeable progress includes :
- important performance improvements for bufferized connections
- a big performance improvement in Alpana Designer when opening a Connection with many objects in the schema (example : Wonderware Historian “Runtime” database)
Grid widget features
The Grid widget has received miscellaneous improvements based on user requests :
- Footers : you can now add Footers at the bottom of the Grid, to use as summation rows (can also calculate average, count, etc…)
- Nested Columns : you can now group Grid columns and configure a common title on top of the columns titles.
- columns resizing : users can resize Grid columns at runtime, to see content more easily
- alternate background color : to view large tabular data more easily, you can now configure the Grid to display each row with an alternate background color that is configurable
Some improvements where implemented to make the developer life a bit easier :
- a search text box allows to browse the database schema more conveniently
- file-based Connections now have an easy shortcut to refresh the file content in Alpana Designer
- to allow easier SQL Connection migration, the database name is not reset anymore when changing the host address
GetWidgets method now includes parameters
IsPublic, to make it easier to search for Widgets.
The following are the main bugs that were fixed between Alpana v22.214.171.124 and v126.96.36.199 :
- ALP-I1998 – Error if opening Dashboard without having opened Designer first
- ALP-I1993 – When adding a date dimension to a Chart, it looks like the X Axis is formatted as datetime instead of Year.
- ALP-I1980 – Cannot change profile picture
- ALP-I2005 – new CORS whitelist item overwrites previous item
- ALP-I2033 – install with subdomains contains wrong CorsOrigins in appsettings
- ALP-I2019 – Donut selected state doesn’t match the filter state
- ALP-I2115 – Widget Export menu invisible if Image Export disabled
- ALP-I2012 – Range Navigator interval includes next period
- ALP-I2015 – Radar Chart item labels are not in front of values
- ALP-I2057 – Mobile : multi-selection Combobox cannot be validated
- ALP-I2013 – Display issues in Grid with paging and several columns with the same name
- ALP-I2021 – Designer “Clear Filter” button in widget edit tab not working
- ALP-I2025 – Gauge’s arc disappearing in Designer
- ALP-I2014 – Designer shows empty UI when deleting Widget then switching back to tab
- ALP-I2035 – field type not updated when Custom Query updated
The following are the main issues that are known and still present at the time of release of v188.8.131.52 :
(no known issues at this time)