See the references to a Parameter
There are many ways to use a Parameter (see the following chapters).
To see a summary of all p laces where a Parameter is used, click on the Parameter name under the “Parameters Bindings” list :
The list at the bottom of the dialog shows all the references to this Parameter :
Each reference is described as :
- Item Type : type of item referencing the Parameter
- Item Name : name of the item referencing the Parameter
- Description : description of the reference
The types of references can be :
- Binding master (FieldName) : the Parameter is receiving values from the field “FieldName” of a Master Widget
- Binding listener : the Parameter is sending filter values to a Listener Widget
- Custom query parameter/value : the Parameter is being used inside a Custom Query
- Programmability parameter : the Parameter is being sent as argument to a Stored Procedure
- Expression argument/value : the Parameter is being used as a value inside an Expression
- Data main filter : the Parameter is being used as a filter value for a Data Source
- Widget main filter : the Parameter is being used as a filter value for a Widget
- Query time parameter : the Parameter is being used for the time settings of a Historian Query
- Column conditional formatting : the Parameter is being used as a comparison value in a Grid Widget’s conditional formatting
- Label content : the Parameter is being used as a text value to replace text inside a Label Widget, or to replace part of the URL of an Embed Widget
- Widget header : the Parameter is being used as a text value to replace part of a Widget’s header
- PDF document selection the Parameter is being used to select one of multiple PDF files inside the PDF Widget
See the binding to a Parameter
To see which Widgets are connected to a Parameter, click on the Parameter name under the “Parameters Bindings” list :
List of Parameters
To the middle is a list of dashboard Parameters.
To the left are the links to Master Widgets : this is the Widgets that can send a value into the Parameter.
To the right are the links to Listener widgets : this is the Widgets that will receive a value from the Parameter.
See Parameter-Listener relationship
To see how a Listener Widget will become filtered, click on the Listener Widget :
The link to Parameters is displayed in the middle.
At the bottom, is displayed a list of all filter actions configured for each Parameter :
- on the left : the field name from the Data Source
- on the middle : a boolean comparison operator
- on the right : the Parameter name
- at the bottom left : a checkbox to disable this filtering
- at the bottom right : an optional formatting applied to the Data Source field