Release notes of items completed between 2021 R1 and 2021 R2
Alpana Server and Alpana Designer have been upgraded from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
Alpana Update File Dependency has been upgraded from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
Version 2021R2 is a minor release and includes mostly bugfixes and improvements.
The application is updated to the latest web technologies (.NET 5), with the latest security features and patches.
To upgrade your installation, please see the generic upgrading chapter.
Don’t forget to instruct all your users to clear their browser cache or do a hard refresh.
A New installer has been included. It will check prerequisites before installing Alpana and give you log file after installation (succeeded or not)
This is a minor version, so it doesn’t require a valid support contract to upgrade, and you need not ask for a new license Activation to your support.
Following upgrade, to enable the new Stories feature on a tenant:
- activate the Stories license feature at the Host level
- add the Stories license feature to the desired tenants
- add the Stories permission to the Admin Role of the tenant, and to all desired Users and Roles
New Feature: Stories
A new feature has been added to create slideshows from Images and Dashboards inside Alpana server.
With this feature you can get automated screen display with your dashboard.
New Feature: Additional fields
Get the capability to link more related data in your dashboard. In a widget, you can show a specific information but when user want to filter, it will use another data to give information to the user.
As an example, from a batch number, you can filter the teams who worked on it or the percentage of good product produced and use this data to filter the rest of your dashboard.
New Feature: Tooltip customization
You can now choose what fields are displayed in the tooltip. Linked to the .Additional fields it’s possible to show all available data in your datasource in the tooltip of any widgets.
Improvements: Widget Header customization
Instead of using CSS to customize widget headers, feature to control it without editing CSS has been added in the designer :
- Font family
- Font Size
- Font Style
Improvements: Circular Gauge widget
The widget gets improvements in the data displaying:
- You can bind more data for the visualization: Min/Max, Tolerance Threshold Min/max.
- You can choose what is the main value and secondary value in your widget (Actual value, Variation, Target, Variation from target, both variations)
Improvements: Card widget
The widget gets improvements in the data displaying:
- You can choose what is the KPI value and left value and Right value in your widget (Absolute difference, Percentage of target, Actual value, Target Value, Percent of change)
Improvements: Web connector Custom query
We’ve added the custom query functionality with the web connector.
Improvements: Export feature available for public dashboard
You can enable exporting feature for public dashboard
Improvements: Widget localization
In the 2021R1 release, Alpana server interface has been translated in French. Now all widgets is translated too and use default regional settings for data displaying.
Improvements: Multiple value parameter handling
When parameter return multiple values, you can use each value of the parameter in data source query or filtering. You can also use them in Labels widget.
example: With the time range calendar you will get a parameter that contains two value for start and end date. if you want to use them separately in 2 SQL parameter it is now possible.
To prevent Alpana server poor performance by publishing faulty designed Dashboard (Source file too big, multiple unused connection, etc.) the Designer now limits dashboards to these values:
- Maximum widgets per Dashboard: 50
- Maximum file size for connection (CSV, Excel…): 100 Mo
- Maximum Connections per Dashboard: 30
- Maximum Data Sources per Dashboard: 10
- Maximum parameter per Dashboard: 100
- Maximum Connections per Data source: 10
- Maximum expressions per Data Source: 50
- Maximum Layout configurations per Dashboard: 20
Known Issues and Incompatibilities
- AL5-I8 – External login : Facebook external login may not works depending on your account authorization and verified status.
Migrating Alpana Runtime Connection
The new release will migrate the Alpana Runtime Connection.
If you want to import older Runtime Connection (from version 2021R1 or older) in your 2021R2 version. You will have to upgrade the Runtime Connection first with a 2021R1 Alpana server to 2021R2 version and restore them to the 2021R2 server.
Runtime Connection export and import feature are available for the same version of Alpana, you cannot import from an older version.
Using OMI and Alpana may require an Undeploy/Deploy and OMI viewer restart if you encounter some trouble in dashboard visualization after version upgrade.
The following are the main bugs that were fixed between Alpana 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 :
- ALP-I2437 : Range Slider range changes after moving a range
- AL5-I7 : Empty header cells with excel file cause buffer error
- AL5-I2 : Error when duplicating layout with background image
- AL5-I1 : Schedule edit impossible if target dashboard deleted
- AL5-I4 : Gantt option “act as master” is checkable even if the configuration does not permit filter
- AL5-I5 : Improving slideshow menu
- AL5-16 : Embed with showmaximize=0 disable clear filter button
- AL5-T70 : Update File Dependency : keep job after upgrading
In addition, minor corrections have been added to product.