(new in version 2020 R1)
Widgets are laid out on a bi-dimensional (2D) canvas called a Layout.
A single Dashboard can contain multiple Layouts that can present the same widgets with a different look-and-feel corresponding to different visualization situations : embedding, viewing on a big screen, etc
By default, there is only one layout called “Default Layout”.
Each Layout automatically contains 3 views :
- Desktop : this presentation is displayed when viewing from a desktop web browser
- Mobile : this presentation is displayed when viewing from the Alpana Mobile app
- Pdf export : this presentation is used when exporting the Dashboard to a PDF report
For each layout, you can configure different Layout-level options : theme, background options, …
For each view of each layout, you can configure the layout of Widgets differently :
- any widget may be displayed in a different position and size
- any widget to be visible or hidden
This is only a configuration of the presentation, and is all configured within the same Dashboard, with the same Widgets already configured, and still using the same Data Sources.