Release notes of items completed between Alpana v18.104.22.168 and v22.214.171.124
Alpana Update File Dependency has been upgraded from v126.96.36.199 to v188.8.131.52
IIS Express is no longer necessary as a pre-requisite of Alpana Designer.
It may be uninstalled safely.
Alpana Real Time Data
A new tool was introduced for demonstration purposes :
Alpana Real Time Data v184.108.40.206
New Widget : Sankey
A new Widget type has been added : the Sankey diagram.
This widget allows beautiful representation of flows that can allow you to easily :
- detect water leaks
- analyze energy flows
- understand logistics flows
… and more !
New Widget : PDF Reader
A new Widget type has been added : the PDF Reader.
This widget allows to embark PDF files inside a dashboard to display it inside the Dashboard.
This allows to display dynamic dashboard data side-by-side with static PDF data.
For example, the maintenance manual displayed side-by-side with the KPI’s related to that maintenance operation.
The PDF file can also be changed live : depending on user action, a different PDF file gets displayed.
New connection : Oracle
Native connection to Oracle 12 and above is now supported.
API features for real time
The Alpana Server web API has been extended to allow to send data to dashboards in real-time from your external application :
- A new Connection called Alpana Runtime allows to push data in a table hosted by Alpana.
- A new Widget configuration allows to configure a Widget without a Data Source, and then push live data into it.
other Widget improvements
The Embed widget now accepts Parameters to dynamically change its content.
The Date Picker can now be configured without a Data Source.
The Grid widget now allows multiple selection as Master Widget.
The Card widget now allows to display the KPI’s in any order.
Administrators now have the possibility to save up concurrent licenses by forcing users to logout after inactivity.
The following are the main bugs that were fixed between Alpana v220.127.116.11 and v18.104.22.168 :
- ALP-I1879 – Error when copy-paste Widget in Designer
- ALP-I1885 – Designer : dragging widget scrolls layout too fast
- ALP-I1984 – Designer error when cancelling object creation then switching back to tab
- ALP-I1891 – layout shaking when loading and on hover
- ALP-I1848 – Unpredictable behavior when resetting filter if 2 Parameters bound
- ALP-I1648 – Chart: Enable Scrolling with several Series is not based on each Series per Page
- ALP-I1906 – Date Time Picker AM/PM not visible
- ALP-I1882 – Date Picker with time : display wrong when filter empty
- ALP-I1881 – Date Picker with time : can’t select time when using relative date
- ALP-I1991 – some Comment text styles not applied
- ALP-I1889 – Background image not displayed in some cases
- ALP-I1840 – “no such column” when re-opening some older CSV dashboards
- ALP-I1877 – Random IOException on Map : can’t access file
- ALP-I1988 – Line marker remains highlighted after mouse leaves
- ALP-I1896 – snippet “Embed in code” doesn’t escape quotes
The following are the main issues that are known and still present at the time of release of v22.214.171.124 :
- The language selector has been removed, and will be replaced by a more complete implementation in an upcoming version.
- ALP-I1998 – Error if opening Dashboard without having opened Designer first. To solve this, open Alpana Designer one time from the desktop shortcut.
- ALP-I1993 – When adding a date dimension to a Chart, it looks like the X Axis is formatted as datetime instead of Year. Please refresh the Widget preview to fix this graphical issue.
- ALP-I1980 – Cannot change profile picture
- ALP-I2005 – new CORS whitelist item overwrites previous item