Instead of binding Widget data to a Alpana Data Source, you can configure it to accept Real-Time Data.
Instead, it lets you create a Widget with no Data Source, and then you can push data directly into the Widget, using the Alpana web API.
The general process is :
- From Alpana Designer, no need to create a Data Source for this Widget
- Configure the Widget for Real-Time Data
- Publish the Dashboard on Alpana Server
- From an external tool (another web page, ArchestrA scripts, your own .NET application, etc), connect to the Alpana Server web API and push data into this Connector
- ⇒ Your Widget displays the data live, instantaneously.
Configuring a Widget for Real-Time
In order to this Widget to have Real-Time Data, select Real-Time on the top of the Data panel, under the From title :
You need to define some fields for the widget to later accept data from the API.
The required fields depend on the widget type.
For each field, choose a type and a field name :